Helpful Links

Here are some links that you may find helpful when buying or selling property in WA:

Australian Institute of Conveyancers, WA Division

AICWA is the peak body representing specialist conveyancers in WA.

AIC WA Division Logo, links to website

Landgate (Western Australian Land Information Authority) is a statutory authority that manages the titles register in WA.

Landgate logo, links to website
Office of State Revenue, Duties Branch

OSR controls the payment and collection of Transfer Duty (previously known as Stamp Duty).

Department of Finance WA Logo, links to website
Office of State Revenue, First Home Owners Branch

Eligible first home buyers may be able to receive a grant towards the purchase of a new home or land and/or a Transfer Duty reduction or exemption.

Department of Finance WA logo, links to website
Foreign Investment Review Board

Under Australia’s foreign investment framework, foreign persons generally need to apply for foreign investment approval before purchasing residential real estate in Australia.

Foreign Investment Review Board logo, links to website
DFES (Smoke alarm regulations)

When selling a residential property in WA, regulations require that sufficient hard-wired smoke alarms are installed prior to settlement.

Department of Fire & Emergency Services logo, links to website
Department of Commerce, Energy Safety (RCD regulations)

When selling a residential property in WA, regulations require that Residual Current Devices (RCDs) are installed prior to settlement.

Department of Commerce & Energy Safety logo, links to website
Stewart Title Insurance

Title insurance provides protection to purchasers of real estate by guarding against losses incurred due to title and property-related defects that are generally pre-existing and unknown to the purchaser at the time of purchase.

Stewart Title logo, links to website
Heritage Council of WA

The Council maintains a register of heritage-listed properties in WA.

Heritage Council WA logo, links to website
Jetty Licencing

When buying or selling a property with a private jetty, you should be aware of the requirements for transferring, maintaining and modifying your jetty and its licence.

Department of Transport logo, links to website

REIWA is WA’s real estate institute, the peak body for the real estate profession in the state.

REIWA Logo, links to website
Australia Post (mail redirection)

If you’re moving house, you can redirect or hold your mail so it moves with you.

Australia Post logo, links to website
Property Exchange Australia (PEXA)

PEXA is Australia’s online property exchange network. It assists conveyancers to lodge documents with Landgate and complete financial settlements electronically.

PEXA logo, links to website
Australian Taxation Office (ATO)

The ATO has recently introduced two measures which affect property owners:

Australian Taxation Office logo